Friday, April 25, 2008

as it turns out...

in my illustration class, our last assignment was to create a cover for the July version arts and entertainment magazine of West Michigan, On-The-Town, of the Grand Rapids Picnic Pops concert or something, i really didn't pay much attention. From all the student work, one illustration would be chosen for actual publication, and lo and behold, my ridiculous last minute entry was selected! i was called and informed while my mouth was full of cake at my boyfriend's brother birthday happy happy birthday max ...



















at least i know my work is sellable. i'll post something of it when i finish making the changes they wanted...

and now for something completely different!

















chai and bandit apparently having beat the shit of something/one/people! i was grouchy and tired when i drew this, which was, ironically, right after i turned in the on-the-town cover :| for some reason, puce lineart appeals to me. sooo sleeeepy

1 comment:

Jack Snider said...

Nice cover, Blacky. Congratulations.

That guy on the right of the bottom drawing looks awfully familiar to me.